Developing a deeper and more authentic relationship between you and your horse
"I am loving the course....it makes me realise I need to spend more time with my horses for their sake as well as for my own sanity" Emma Lincolnshire
Have you ever thought about the simple things in life, how they are often all that is really needed on a base level?
Have you ever thought about this in relation to your horse?
Have you ever taken the time to notice the small things your horse does, how they are communicating with you?
Do you take time to just be with your horse?
It is one of the simplest things yet probably the most over looked because we have busy lives, which includes caring for our horses. So when is there time to just be with them?
Can just ‘being’ benefit and enhance the relationship you have with your horse? Many think being means to do nothing, but what if being meant many things? What if being was a mind state, a perspective? RWMH online course explores this.
Rewilding is commonly associated with returning land back to its natural state, allowing nature to dominate rather than agriculture or any other form of human intervention. In RWMH we aren’t talking about the land in this way, instead we are exploring how to rewild you and your horse back to your true authentic selves (your natural states).
RWMH is about becoming aware of how human intervention such as society, friends, family etc. have influenced you over time and whether that has kept you close to your true authentic self or moved you further away from it.
The same is true for your horse. How far has domestication supressed your horse’s true authentic self and is it detrimental to their wellbeing?
RWMH gently introduces exercises and asks reflective questions to help open out your awareness of you and what influences your decisions. The more aware you become of your behaviours and thinking and feeling states, the easier it is to make decisions around what is best for you and your horse. It also helps to enhance the communication between you.
RWMH is about the true authentic you, which for some can so easily be ignored.
This circle represents the 9 phases of the Rewilding with my Horse online course. Each phase is titled with a letter from the acronym- Rewilding, starting with R- Reawakening.
“I have just completed Emma’s Rewilding with my Horse online course and I can honestly say it has completely changed my view on how I need to be with and care for horses. I am between horses at the moment and wanted to do this with Emma before I bought another, and I’m so glad I did. She is so knowledgeable on the subject and walks the walk, living and breathing the rewilding movement. Although Emma no longer rides her horses I still will, but with a different head on, thinking more about what they want and need than my own needs. Emma was not judgemental at all about me still wanting to ride – just pleased that I’ve altered my perception. If you are looking to get back in touch with your horse, give him a more natural way of life and create a bond like no other, I can highly recommend you sign up to this easy to follow course”.
What this course is
- This is a self-development course that helps you consider and work towards developing a deeper connection with your horse. It helps you explore why you do what you do and how you might be able to start to make changes.
- This course fully supports you and your horse’s true selves. It encourages you to step away from the judgements and protocols of others, to engage with your horse in a way that feels right for you both.
- This course offers simple but effective exercises that will help you and in turn your horse and your relationship. It recognises everyone is at a different stage on their journey with their horse and therefore encourages you to go at a pace to suit you and discover what is right for you.
- This course is a platform for horses to be considered in a different way to the conventional way of seeing them. It gets you to consider how you listen to and view your horse’s behaviour. By engaging in some of the exercises in the course your perspective of horses can change.
- This course encourages people to truly hear their horse and acknowledge them for who they really are.
What this course isn’t
- This course is not a horse training course.
- It doesn’t tell you how to get the relationship you seek with your horse, but it does help you explore how to find it based on being your unique selves.
How The Course Works
- This is a 9 phase video based course, with self-reflective questions and exercises. It focuses on asking you questions and getting you to think about the relationship you have with your horse rather than telling you how you should do it.
- The course has 2.5 hours of video and will take between 6-10 hours to complete if you work through the journal and accompanying exercises. This is recommended, but it is at your discretion.
- It is designed so it doesn’t overwhelm you with too much information at once. The phases are released weekly into your inbox over a 9 week period.
- The course is delivered in English and you have life time access to the course content! This allows you plenty of time to revisit the phases as and when you want to.
There is an accompanying downloadable journal for you to work through alongside the videos. The journal is for your own use. There is no exam or work submission involved in this course, but there is homework at the end of each phase to help you practice and process what you have learnt.
When you join the course you get access to a private fb group for course attendees where people can share their insights and journey towards rewilding with their horse with each other and offer support.
You receive a free meditation to relax to as it guides you on a connective journey with horses.
who the course is for
The course is for people who have horses in their life. It is for those who are looking to improve and develop the relationship they have with their horse.
This course is for people who want to increase the trust and confidence between themselves and their horses.
It is for those who want something different but feel they will be judged if they aren’t complying with what everyone else is doing.
The course is for people who acknowledge the horse and their natural behaviours and feel they want to do more for their horse. It is for those who might be restricted by their environment or knowing how to start offering more to their horse in a RWMH context.
It is for people who are open to developing their listening and communication skills by learning new ways of being in themselves, rather than coming from the perspective of always telling the horse what to do.
It is for people who know there is more to horses than just riding. It is for people who want to develop the relationship with their horse, but on their horse’s terms.